Thursday, February 11, 2010

Snow Day

Dallas can has one too.



I walked over to Swiss Avenue, to photograph it in all its old, posh, snow-covered loveliness.





Granted, this amount of snow is pretty unheard of in this part of Texas. But I don't get quite so crazy about it after those five years in New York. I am, however, super excited for the kids. I grew up around here, so I know. This is pretty freakin' awesome.



Working at a school means snow days come quickly. I got the alert at 6 am. I'd gone to bed convinced there'd be no issues. I hadn't even bothered to bring home the numbers of the four subs I had coming in today. So when I got that call, there was quite a bit of confusion.



It is a bit hard to believe that it's still coming down. They cancelled the volunteer appreciation dinner at the Arboretum tonight, which is a heart breaker. I was so excited about going. But hot cocoa, Parks & Rec, The Office, and 30 Rock sound pretty nice too.

5 comments:

Double K said...

Love the photos. I used to live in that area and miss the fact that I couldn't walk over and see it myself.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures! I took a boot picture myself! :)

Wendi said...

I love the photo of the street sign!

Rana Royale said...

Awesome snow pics, Amanda!Especially that first street pic!

Gina said...

You have such beautiful pictures. Dallas looked so beautiful, it was captured well.I love the street picture because it reminded me of a neighborhood I used to visit in New York.