Thursday, January 28, 2010

Artsy fartsy / fancy schmancy

When all you do these days is sit at your desk and work work work, if you're me, you take the opportunity to listen to lots of music. I'm a big fan of music while I work. That's sorta how I discovered the Baltimore band Beach House. Their new album Teen Dream is ever so good. It was just released this past Tuesday.

Not really a video here, just a weird picture of the two Beach House kids, but give it a listen.



In other news, winter's coming back around for an encore. I'm not really a fan, but one must get a proper dose so you have things to think about when it's 100 degrees during those steamy Texas summers.



Also of note, I saw August: Osage County this past weekend at the Winspear (that's it above) and it was amazing. The production seems to be touring about, so if they come to your town, try and catch it. And speaking of the Winspear, here are a couple more pictures of the Dallas Arts District that I took this past fall at the open house celebration for the Winspear and the Wyly. Yes, Dallas has Arts!



I have yet to see the crazy chandelier come out of the ceiling, despite visiting twice. Someday!



There are so many great plays and musicals coming through town that it's hard to pick out what your budget will allow. My friend and I very much want to see Wicked and Spring Awakening, which are both coming through this year. It's not New York, but I'm so glad I get to see cool stuff every now and again. Having some fancy-schmancy venues helps.

1 comment:

AMH said...

I've not seen either Wicked nor Spring Awakening, but I did get the original cast recording of the latter and it is fantastic! =)