Saturday, May 9, 2009

Put on a cheesy romantic movie

They were quite the pair back then, these sisters.



Still are now.



In the top photo, my mom is on the right, and in the bottom one, she's on the left. And next to her is one of a few excellent backup moms I have in my life, my Aunt Cynthia. I'm very lucky to have them. Especially these days, with my mom working overseas for the last 5 or so years.

I want to wish my mom, Aunt Cyn, and all my backup moms a very happy Mother's Day. Thank you for being there, for sending me sweet cards in the mail, taking me to art festivals, and for helping me pack up my apartment. I know my mom appreciates it a lot. She'd be here if she could but, you know, she's out doing her part to make the world a safer place. We're just holding down the fort.

I gotta post this tonight because my mom will be up for her morning in just a few hours, and she'll be heading to work. She's far away, but if she were here, I'd make her some coffee right when she wakes up. Some really good coffee and not those freeze-dried crystals she likes so much. Then I'd probably make that puffed pear pancake I made last time she was here. She seemed to like it a lot, and it makes the apartment smell all warm and cinnamon-y.



Then we'd sit around and watch that movie I recorded off of Lifetime (or was it the Hallmark Channel? Or maybe it was ABC Family?) a while back while CJ curls up between us. Something about a guy going back in time to stop the girl he loves now from marrying the wrong guy then. She'd love that. Then maybe we'd do a bit of shopping: go to Old Navy where I'd help her pick out a few new outfits, then to DSW to use that award coupon I got in the mail. Then out to an earlyish dinner of margaritas and Mexican food, where we'd order guacamole and make assumptions about our fellow diners. Yeah, I think she'd like that.

Rain check for June, mom?



XOXO.

No comments: