Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Stuff on Etsy I'd like to buy

I'm going to make this a regular feature, I think. Because about once a week, I find something on Etsy that I want to buy. Sometimes I buy it. Most times I don't. Here is this week's entry, found via Decor8's writeup on the artist, Robyn.



It's a painting of her rabbit Theo. Probably due to the increased web traffic that the blog generated, this painting sold yesterday! Wow! I'm glad it'll have a home. It's adorable. I also really like the artist's little framed yoyos and fabric-covered buttons.

And now for a quick rant. Many of you already know of the war I have waged against the neighborhood birds. They poop endlessly on my car: several ploppers/day despite the fact that I am only parked there between approx 6:30 pm and 9:30 am. The clear coat on the hood of the car is nearly ruined. Plus I returned home Monday evening from work to discover they had pooped on my tomato plant. This would have involved some extra effort and thought on their part. I often feel like I'm being targeted.

So I walked out to my car this morning - covered with its usual fresh piles of poop - and a bird nearby started squawking at me. I then flipped the bird at the bird. I believe this signals the peak of my maturity level.

No comments: