Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Slow day / I'm never getting married

I was flipping through my J. Crew catalog last night, which I often use as a style adviser. (As in "Oh, so layering pink and orange looks good? Who knew?") As is the norm for me, I had to stop and swoon when I hit the wedding gear pages. I'm obsessed with the J. Crew Wedding collection. Have been for a while. I'm convinced I'll buy my dress from them, as there are some good deals and the dresses are simple and beautiful and, if they're like the rest of their clothes, well made. And sorta WASPy, which I have to admit is a bit me.

As for the pitiful nature of a girl focusing this much attention on wedding dresses and she can't even remember the last time she went on a date... Well, we're not going to go there.

Anyway, this was the one that stopped me in my tracks. The Annabelle gown.



Perfect for a fall wedding. Simple, but with that lovely touch of deco glam at the top. Needing more of a fix, I headed to the site and spotted a few others to love.

A New England summer, in a blooming garden or on a lake - the Island Eyelet dress.



Winter, with the perfect peek-a-boo back for when you're standing at the altar - the Mimi T-shirt gown.



Spring, with those lovely frou layers that add just the right amount of volume (that being, not too much) - the Tulle Cascade gown.



Summer gets a second go. If I were going to get married on a bright, sunny, hot Texas day, I'd want it to be in this. I love that it's made from linen. The Rosette gown.



Sigh. You know we're close to wrapping up a "project" at work when someone starts blasting Led Zeppelin.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Step away from the J. Crew. =)